[haiku-development] Re: Is it time to talk about R1/A3 ?

It's been a week since the last discussion here about the timing of Alpha3.
I've been busy working on .bep files for building/rebuilding the
OptionalPackages and am nearly ready to be able to build them all
within just a few hours.  So once we get the ABI change and then the
rebuilt gcc packages in place, I should be able to kick out the
updated packages in a day or so.
Here's a link to the .bep file that I'll use to build most of the packages:
http://ports.haiku-files.org/browser/haikuports/trunk/packs/optionalpackages/optionalpackages-0.5.bep
The ones commented out with a #3 will either need to have a .bep file
made for it, or need to be built by whoever built the previous
package(s).  The ones with #b are broken and will probably need to be
built outside of this combo .bep file.  The rest should be good to go
now.

I've added a few new .beps for Haiku apps such as vision, bepdf,
clockwerk and more that may still need some work, I'll contact the
authors of these apps once I put together the alpha3 packages for them
so they can test/audit the resulting .zip files.
The bepdf .bep for one is not yet working as it's failing to checkout
the svn repo due to an bug in our current subversion build.
http://ports.haiku-files.org/ticket/422
It'd be cool if we could get this one fixed soon, patches welcome.

Here's where you can see the .bep files for the haiku-apps that
haikuporter is able to build and package (so far):
http://ports.haiku-files.org/browser/haikuports/trunk/haiku-apps

Maybe an Alpha3 target date can be set by the end of BeGiestert?

-scottmc