[haiku-development] Re: Is it time to talk about R1/A3 ?

  • From: François Revol <revol@xxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 11 Oct 2010 22:52:47 +0200

Le 11 oct. 2010 à 20:32, Niels Reedijk a écrit :

> Hi Matt,
>
> On 11 October 2010 17:40, Matt Madia <mattmadia@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> Now that things have calmed down with GSoC, networking, and
>> mediaplayer+mediakit, would it be a good time to start thinking about
>> R1/A3?
>
> I would argue that it is time to start thinking about R1.

... said he who said we should not think about ever getting something finished
;-)

> It has been long enough of a wait: many components are
> production-ready. IMO we should now start defining the requirements
> for the beta stage and the final release stage, and (this will make me

Amiga support ? :p

It'd be nice to be able to have devs tell regressions on all the machines they
have access to.
I didn't always had the time to try the alpha RCs here before they were
released...
And doing this on a coding sprint is probably not the best option since we
usually want to do real coding instead, plus we can't bring all our boxen to
germany :p

> impopular) stimulate everyone (perhaps with some financial help from
> Haiku Inc.) to work towards implementing those features. If this list
> is 'done', we can then decide to do a time-based release schedule as
> in-between checkpoints. My take would be six months for a
> non-production release cycle (alphas and betas), with one month
> 'freeze' periods.

I guess everyone should start digging all their assigned bugs (looking at
myself...).

Sadly I didn't have much time for Haiku those months, so I tried to spend it on
the funniest part.

François.