[haiku-development] Re: Is im_kit within the scope of Haiku for GSoC projects?

  • From: "Salvatore Benedetto" <emitrax@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 7 Apr 2008 19:36:07 +0000

On 07/04/2008, Jorge G. Mare <koki@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Mon, 2008-04-07 at 21:16 +0200, Pier Luigi Fiorini wrote:
>  > 2008/4/7, Jorge G. Mare koki@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx:
>  >
>  >         I am going to ask (what others may also be thinking): is there
>  >         anything
>  >         really insurmountable that is stopping Pier and Andrea from
>  >         joining the
>  >         original im_kit project?
>  >
>  > Who said we are working on a different IM Kit?
>  > Andrea has write access and our work is still not published, because
>  > there is nothing to see right now.
>

> Great to know! I obviously misinterpreted Salvatore's message.
>
>  Sorry for the noise. :)

Sorry for the misunderstanding.

Anyway, before they started (I'm not involved with coding so far) we
of course emailed one of the maintainer. The main thing in our opinion
is that we should
only focus on the Haiku support, so that eventually we can integrate
the code into the Haiku repository as we think that a Desktop OS
should provide by default an IM client.

>  Cheers,
>
>  Koki

Regards,