[haiku-development] Is im_kit within the scope of Haiku for GSoC projects?

  • From: "Dustin Howett" <alaricx@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 6 Apr 2008 21:48:51 -0400

Cf. the subject of this message; I'm interested in this because I'd
like to make the changes necessary to bring libpurple to haiku and
make im_kit merely a front-end for libpurple, which would give us free
(no need to re-write it) multi-protocol support..
and possibly some backwards-compatibility with old im_kit data (as
this would just be another libpurple UI)

Or is the haiku im_kit project a sort of 'pet project' of a dev and
it'd be a bad idea to do this all over their feet.