[haiku-development] Introducing myself

  • From: <jartur@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 11 Aug 2007 03:46:50 +1100

Greetings All,

    I am a newbie in your community.
    Seeing there's no open source desktop OS I'd like to contribute to the
possible creation of one.
    I'm from Russia so pardon my English.

    My skills: I am a professional C developer, but as a hobbyist I have also
experience in C++ (not that much, unfortunately, but I am quite "learnable" I
think), Java (about 2+ yrs), Ruby (I know it well enough, but may it help here?
Maybe porting ruby and doing some scripting stuff or so?), Lisp/Scheme
(average), OCaml (I suppose it's not interesting at all to you) and some other
stuff which I don't care about remembering.
   I professionaly work in software development for mobile devices (phones,
Motorola) and work mostly in Multimedia area, particularly in
cataloging/navigation. Also I have experience of creation of Unit test
framework.
    Hrs/week: this may vary greatly due to my busyness at work. But I can
guarantee about 10-14 hrs/week.
    I'd like to work on UI & data cataloging/navigation probably. I mean for
this point of development. If you need a developer who would like to work
towards Web 3.0, widget platform or so, let me know when it will be appropriate
=)
    Also I'd like to write user-space applications more than digging into
system, but this is also the note for future.

So I suppose it's all I have to say at the moment.
Hope to find here what I hope to find.

All the best,
jartur