[haiku-development] Re: Intended behaviour of CTRL+ALT+H

  • From: Ryan Leavengood <leavengood@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 24 Nov 2009 00:30:47 -0500

On Mon, Nov 23, 2009 at 6:45 PM, Philippe Saint-Pierre <stpere@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> What should be the behaviour of CTRL+ALT+H (Hide All) with windows having
> the B_NOT_MINIMIZABLE flag?
>
> At the moment, that flag is ignored and the window is minimized (which
> causes the problem in #4337).  I patched my version to enforce that flag in
> the app server (it's a 2 liner), but was wondering - before committing -
> what is the intended behaviour in this case..  Is that flag supposed to
> forbid to hide it everytime or is it only intended to block the double-click
> on the ribbon/title bar?

I am no app_server expert, but it seems to me for consistency the flag
should be checked in the above case. So I would say commit your patch.
Of course getting additional confirmation from Stephan and/or Axel
would be good too, just in case.

But considering I just tested this and was able to hide the Deskbar
definitely makes me think checking this flag in this case would be
good ;)

--
Regards,
Ryan