[haiku-development] Re: Intel GS45 graphics support

  • From: Eddy Derick <eddyderick@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 5 Nov 2009 20:37:43 +0100

On Nov 5, 2009, at 10:42 AM, Brecht Machiels wrote:

Axel Dörfler wrote:
Every directory in the Haiku tree that has a Jamfile will do.
        - How to get in contact with Brecht if I succeed ?
Brecht added GM45 support to the driver, otherwise I'm still maintaining it.

I'm busying myself with a little python project at the moment, but I still scan this mailing list...

In the end, very little code was inserted for the GM45 to succeed. A G4x family was added in the process. If you're lucky, it could work if you just add your GS45 to this family:
http://dev.haiku-os.org/browser/haiku/trunk/headers/private/graphics/intel_extreme/intel_extreme.h#L45

You'll need to create macro's for the GS45 here:
http://dev.haiku-os.org/browser/haiku/trunk/src/add-ons/kernel/drivers/graphics/intel_extreme/driver.cpp#L57
http://dev.haiku-os.org/browser/haiku/trunk/src/add-ons/kernel/busses/agp_gart/intel_gart.cpp#L72

Don't forget to build the intel agp_gart driver in addition to the intel_extreme kerner driver and accelerant:
jam -q \<agp_gart\>intel

Good luck!
Brecht

Thank for all the advises.