[haiku-development] Re: Intel GS45 graphics support

  • From: "Axel Dörfler" <axeld@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 05 Nov 2009 09:16:17 +0100

Eddy Derick <eddyderick@xxxxxxxx> wrote:
> So I will try to add support for my graphics accelerator.
> I have everything (technical documentation, chipset, development
> platform, Haiku source code).
> The only informations I need are:
>       - How to only compile the intel_extreme driver and maybe accelerant
> using Jam ?

In addition to what Michael wrote, "jam -q intel_extreme intel_extreme.
accelerant" will build the to files (but won't install them yet). The
build profile thing makes this very convenient to use.
For graphics driver development, it's a good idea to have two machines,
and boot the GS45 via the network (PXE).

>       - What is the directory I should type those commands in ? (not a
> Jam
> expert at all)

Every directory in the Haiku tree that has a Jamfile will do.

>       - How to get in contact with Brecht if I succeed ?

Brecht added GM45 support to the driver, otherwise I'm still
maintaining it.

Bye,
   Axel.