[haiku-development] Re: Intel D945GCLF2 (Atom) motherboard -SUCCESS

On Tue, Sep 22, 2009 at 8:34 AM, Alan Searchwell <bigduppy@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> I would just start with booting with FailSafe video mode with a
>> selected resolution that you know you monitor can handle.
>>
>> My Atom based machine won't work with the intel video driver either.

Just to be clear, it's not really an "atom-based" issue, it's just
coincidental that the most often packaged video chip with Atom's tends
to be the GMA950 (945G) chip. It's also not always an issue with that
chipset...

As mentioned in #4260, it also happens with a Core 2 Duo system, and I
know that the GMA950/945G video does indeed work on my Acer Aspire One
which is using an Atom...

Just wanted to throw that out there :)

- Urias