[haiku-development] Re: Integrating WLAN stack into Haiku - What to do?

  • From: Colin Günther <coling@xxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 28 Sep 2009 13:44:07 +0200

Fredrik Modèen schrieb:
Is someone already working on the integration
with
(one of) the network preflet(s)?
Yes and no :) I having a look at it but only to test it.
I'm currently making a plugin to the prefle app in the
src/tests/kits/net/prefle. As I have problem with Jam i have added all on
one page, so it's not nice code wise. Integrate in to Haiku would make my
life easier :)

first thing we would need to do are to discuss how the Network preference
should work and what it should look like.

I like the one Dario did but i would like to add the gui interface for
showing hardware and add-ons from this
http://philippe.houdoin.free.fr/phil/beos/openbeos/network_kit/network_gui-09.png

Dario's work was based on this.
http://dev.haiku-os.org/wiki/Networks%20Preferences

I tried to make add wlan to Dario work but it was hard to find where I
should change and so on, wheres a add-on was way easier.

I'm working on the cli part, where I'm planning an extension to the ifconfig tool. This will allow scanning, presenting and joining of WLANs right away from the terminal.