[haiku-development] Re: Integrating "Services Kit" code

  • From: "Axel Dörfler" <axeld@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 26 Oct 2010 20:30:22 +0200

Stephan Assmus <superstippi@xxxxxx> wrote:
> At least the foundation classes should live in libnetwork, IMHO, but
> even find all the rest fitting for libnetwork as well. Any objections
> make everything live in the Network Kit?

Not at all, I think it would fit very well. It should go into
libbnetapi.so, though, since libnetwork.so is supposed to be the "low
level" POSIX code (that doesn't require libbe.so).

>   * My second concern is more concrete: Some stuff needs libcrypto.
> Shall libnetwork link against libcrypto? Or should compilation of the
> HTTP protocol related classes be postponed until they live within an
> actual add-on (and only that links against libcrypto)?

While I share Oliver's opinion, I think in as a temporary solution, it
would be a possibility to link against libcrypto for now. It should
just be solved before the next release (either by disabling HTTP (can
the encryption support be disabled separately?), or by moving it into
an add-on.

>   * Some code that Christophe wrote has received more review by me
> than
> other code. Christophe has been doing nice work, but I've sprinkled
> some
> TODOs in the headers as I have gone over them again, and there may be
> the occasional coding style violation, too. I don't anticipate that I
> will have enough time to get these fixed before an initial commit,
> but I
> hope to get the code into SVN ASAP. Ok with everyone?

Shouldn't be too invasive to cause any problems, I would guess.

Bye,
   Axel.