[haiku-development] Re: Installing Haiku to a partition from Linux and updating?

  • From: "Axel Dörfler" <axeld@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 25 Apr 2008 13:45:09 +0200 CEST

"Julius Bullinger" <julius.bullinger@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> As far as I know I tried all available jam-options, including
> update-image, and update-install, but either the system has been
> initialized freshly or it hasn't been touched.

update-image and friends is only useful in case you want to update a
specific component.
You would use it like this to update only the kernel on the image:
$ jam update-image kernel

I don't think we can currently only update the system folder and leave
everything else untouched. That might be something we want to change in
the future, though.
As a work-around, you can create a second image, boot from that one,
mount the first one, and replace the "beos" folder on the root level of
the first image.

Bye,
   Axel.