[haiku-development] Installing Haiku to a partition from Linux and updating?

  • From: "Julius Bullinger" <julius.bullinger@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 25 Apr 2008 13:08:35 +0200

Hey there, this is my first post to this mailing list, I hope I am on
the right place. :-)

I' running Arch Linux and I'd like to install (=build) Haiku from
there AND update it without
losing my settings.

My UserBuildConfig currently looks like this:
    HAIKU_IMAGE_NAME = sdb2 ;
    HAIKU_IMAGE_DIR  = /dev ;

As far as I know I tried all available jam-options, including
update-image, and update-install, but either the system has been
initialized freshly or it hasn't been touched.

It maybe not possible since Linux isn't able to read/write BeFS, but I
don't know if that matters...

I used the old build tools the last time I tried, but couldn't manage
it; but IIRC this should be possible with the new build tools?!

Julius Bullinger