[haiku-development] Re: Howto on setting up serial debugging

  • From: scott mc <scottmc2@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 23 Mar 2009 07:25:21 -0700

On Sun, Mar 22, 2009 at 12:55 PM, Colin Günther <coling@xxxxxx> wrote:
> Jonas Sundström schrieb:
>>
>> Colin Günther <coling@xxxxxx> wrote:
>>

>>> Hi,
>>> after looking into how to set up a serial console
>>> for viewing debug messages, I found no guide on the mailinglists or
>>> haiku-os.org. I got things up
>>> and running nonetheless, and wrote a Howto for personal use.

This looks to be written for the case where you are using virtual box,
for VMWare player, it's build in.  For running on real hardware, it
only works for cases where you actually still have a serial port.
Then you'll need a cable, a null modem cable "i think", but i will
confirm later today if that isn't right, as i do have a setup that
works, just not sure on how i wired the cable.
-scottmc