[haiku-development] Re: Help needed with the unit testing framework

  • From: pulkomandy <pulkomandy@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 28 Jul 2014 18:03:46 +0200

On Mon, Jul 28, 2014 at 08:55:23AM -0700, James Leone wrote:
> Could the linker have somehow mis-assigned a gcc 2 library to a gcc 4
> library?

This would bomb at link time, or at worst, the runtime loader would find
undefined references in the resulting executable and refuse to run it.
I'm fairly sure our buildsystem is safe of such issues, anyway.

> Any dependency have python or perl in there? If so do any of the scripts
> have /usr/local paths embedded?

Not at all, this is plain C++ code, and as axel mentionned, it runs fine
when built with gcc4 so it's only a case of gcc2 getting things wrong,
which isn't exactly surprising.

> Any possibility one these things wants write access to / or /boot/system?

No, everything is contained in the generated/ dir of haiku build system.
And I don't see how that would lead to not calling the overriden version
of a virtual method, anyway.

--
Adrien.