[haiku-development] Re: [Haiku-commits] r21394 - in haiku/trunk: headers/os/interface src/kits/interface

  • From: "Jonas Sundström" <jonas@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 12 Jun 2007 14:22:05 +0200 CEST

"Stefano Ceccherini" <stefano.ceccherini@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> 2007/6/12, Niels Reedijk <niels.reedijk@xxxxxxxxx>:
> > > http://burton666.neoni.net/workspace/upload/shots/old.png
> > >
> > > to something like this:
> > >
> > > http://burton666.neoni.net/workspace/upload/shots/new.png
> >
> > What do you propose it should look like if there are no menu items
> > with submenus? Will it still have the extra space or not?
>
> It will have, for a simple reason: a BMenuItem can't know if
> other items in the same menu have a submenu or not.

Are you sure this can't be worked around somehow?

I don't think you get the kind of overlapping that you see between
"Save As..." and "Revert to Saved...", in BeOS, (The [shift][alt] part
of the former overlaps the text of the latter item.)

I find this overlapping quite unpleasant to look at. Its been on
my mind for quite some time, so I hope it's not impossible to
fix, or that the only way to fix it is to make the default width
larger. That wouldn't be nice either, for short items with few/
simple shortcuts and no submenus.

/Jonas.