[haiku-development] Re: [Haiku-commits] r21394 - in haiku/trunk: headers/os/interface src/kits/interface

  • From: "Stefano Ceccherini" <stefano.ceccherini@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 12 Jun 2007 16:17:16 +0200

2007/6/12, Jonas Sundström <jonas@xxxxxxxxxxx>:
"Stefano Ceccherini" <stefano.ceccherini@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Here's the screenshot (I also fixed the problem reported by
> Jon and Jonas):
> http://burton666.neoni.net/workspace/upload/shots/current.png

Thank you so much for fixing the overlap. *bliss* :)

(I suppose the BeOS designers didn't consider the combination
of the menu item as submenu placeholder and the menu item as
command w/ shortcut key, as very likely, looking at how the
symbols are layed out in BeOS' menu items. Of course it's usually
either-or.)

I think the new layout works, but I'm still a bit undecided about the
addition of space on the right hand side. That space is somewhat
larger than the one for the check marks on the left hand side.
It may simply be that I'm so used to R5, but I think the right hand
side space should not be larger than that on the left hand side.

If so, there are two solutions, left++ or right-- I suppose. :)
Not sure which is the best.

I don't supposed the checkmarks, submenu indicators(?) and
modifier key symbols scale with the menu font size yet?

Yeah that problem hasn't been fixed yet.
Actually, the submenu indicators DO scale with the font size. But the
arrow inside them does not.