[haiku-development] Re: [Haiku-commits] r21394 - in haiku/trunk: headers/os/interface src/kits/interface

  • From: "Stefano Ceccherini" <stefano.ceccherini@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 12 Jun 2007 11:50:41 +0200

2007/6/12, jackburton at BerliOS <jackburton@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>:

Log:
Some work on menu layouts:
- Menus are generally a bit wider (BeIDE ones didn't look nice)
- The modifiers bitmap are drawn more centered vertically
- Splitted BMenu::ComputeLayout() into three methods
- Various minor changes.
The menuitems still don't look nice with bigger font sizes, but we'll
try to fix this...

And while I am at it...
Would anyone be against changing the menu layout so that we always
leave the space for the submenu arrow ? Currently, menus look ugly
when some items have a submenu and some not. Basically, what I'm
proposing is switching from this:

http://burton666.neoni.net/workspace/upload/shots/old.png

to something like this:

http://burton666.neoni.net/workspace/upload/shots/new.png