[haiku-development] Re: Haiku self-hosting.

  • From: Luposian <luposian@xxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 1 Apr 2008 18:38:56 -0700

On Apr 1, 2008, at 1:11 PM, Andreas Färber wrote:

Am 01.04.2008 um 21:40 schrieb Urias McCullough:
On 01/04/2008, Luposian <luposian@xxxxxxx> wrote:
The system reboots, and you go back into Haiku.  Look for your files.
ANY of them. It can be 1 file or a dozen of them... they're NOT THERE!
 Where'd they go?!?  They went bye-bye.  Why?  Because, although
EVERYTHING said they were put on the disk, nice and safe and secure...
THEY WERE NEVER REALLY THERE!

Are you f'ing kidding me? You're still going on about this myth?

Must be due to April 1.

I can't tell whether this is a joke or a bug/feature, but I know QEMU can somehow be put into a snapshot mode where changes to the virtual disk are not really persisted and hence are lost the next start. ;)

I'm running on REAL hardware, not an emulator. This is NO joke. Not today. Not tomorrow. Not EVER.