[haiku-development] Re: Haiku on a USB stick.

Fredrik Modéen wrote:
With C# it will require the .NET Framework... it's a bit overkill IMHO.
What's wrong about C and C++? Almost the whole Haiku is written in C++...
I wrote C++ Windows apps for ages, I can help you with that.
Today you would probably need .NET Framework for most things. Took me 2 -
3 days to do this in C# and then I didn't work with it full time so that
was the reason to use C#.

When it comes to C++ I'm more familiar with BeOS API than Windows but such
tool would be cool to have also but then we would need to have that tool
so it can be compiled on BSD/Linux/Windows etc.

This tool are more of a starter for alpha 1 and I would relay like to use
my time for the Joystick pref and a Bt878 driver that I’m working on
(slowly). Thanks to USB_Vision I now know how the media_addon works :)

Bah, i totally understand, you took the initiative, go ahead with what is the more efficient for you! If people still keep bugging you, use the magic sentence: "patches are welcome" :-D

As a cross platform solution c++/wxWidget could do it, but it's not that nice to work with.. So unless there's a real demand...

Otherwise, i wonder how far we are to be able to install and boot from a file on ntfs and/or ext3 (like R5 PE (fat only) or Ubuntu's Wubi).
We'll need a tool for that too someday :)

Best regards,
Alex