[haiku-development] Re: Haiku on a USB stick.

  • From: Fredrik Modéen <fredrik@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 7 Nov 2008 08:30:55 +0100 (CET)

> With C# it will require the .NET Framework... it's a bit overkill IMHO.
> What's wrong about C and C++? Almost the whole Haiku is written in C++...
> I wrote C++ Windows apps for ages, I can help you with that.
Today you would probably need .NET Framework for most things. Took me 2 -
3 days to do this in C# and then I didn't work with it full time so that
was the reason to use C#.

When it comes to C++ I'm more familiar with BeOS API than Windows but such
tool would be cool to have also but then we would need to have that tool
so it can be compiled on BSD/Linux/Windows etc.

This tool are more of a starter for alpha 1 and I would relay like to use
my time for the Joystick pref and a Bt878 driver that I&#8217;m working on
(slowly). Thanks to USB_Vision I now know how the media_addon works :)

--
MVH
Fredrik Modéen