[haiku-development] Re: Haiku official square logo?

  • From: Jack Small <jaxs@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 7 Oct 2009 20:35:52 -0700

On Oct 7, 2009, at 5:41 PM, Jorge G. Mare wrote:

scott mc wrote:
Is there an official square logo that can be used on third party
sites?

Without giving much thought, perhaps the first H of the Haiku logo could work; you can see what it (more or less) would look like at the Haiku posts on OSNews.

Personally, I liked very much the direction of the HAIKU COMPATIBLE logo that Austin Bales put together:

http://dev.haiku-os.org/wiki/Haiku%20Compatible%20Logo

You know I've come across this exact issue - needing to display a square Haiku logo - just recently and the ones on the wiki aren't square.

There was a discussion about this before with other links:

<//www.freelists.org/post/haiku-development/configure-distrocompatibility,8 >

Some of them are square.

Too bad these designs stalled at the proposal stage.

This is a huge problem tying to fly the Haiku flag! What is the Haiku flag? :)

Some of these are quite nice, however I'm starting to think that the logos should follow the same perspective rules as Haiku icons? At least, I'd like to see some that did. Perhaps more than one would be necessary. Unfortunately my drawing skills are not quite up to par.

Do we need a contest? A bounty? Could also make a nice set of coffee mugs?

I'm not on the other list but my vote is the sooner this is "official" the better.

More later,
Jack