[haiku-development] Haiku booting problems

Hello everyone
I built a Haiku CD image today from the SVN and installed it on my laptop.
The CD image was built from the SVN, but I created a custom jam target
called @all-cd which basically just includes more optional packages than
usual. Its a GCC4 hybrid build, thats what I always do, I think that makes
the most sense, newest compiler without breaking compatibility. It built
correctly and created a CD image. I burned the image to a CD. All went well.
I inserted the CD and booted from it. It booted correctly. I clicked
desktop, the desktop loaded, I made sure everything was working, it was. I
rebooted (I don't trust the icon on the desktop that says "Installer") and
booted from the CD, and then clicked installer on the prompt. I installed
over top of my previous Haiku partition. I rebooted into it and:
The beautiful Haiku bootloader splash screen never showed up. Instead there
was a few screenfuls of ugly text, and then a screen of garbage. I tried it
a few times, reinstalling and trying to boot, always ended up frozen on a
garbage screen. Sometimes, the garbage looks like its trying to be the Haiku
desktop, I get the nice Haiku blue background on part of the screen
sometimes. I then tried a clean install, but got the same results.

I installed from the same CD on my newer laptop and it works great, and all
the optional software I added is there. My new laptop is 64 bit, old is 32
(probably doesn't matter). I built Haiku and the CD image on my new laptop.
I used "cd gcc2; linux32 ../configure --build-cross-tools ../../buildtools/
--include-3rdparty --include-gpl-addons --include-patented-code" to build
the gcc2 portion, and I used "cd ../gcc4; ../configure
--build-cross-tools-gcc4 x86 ../../buildtools/ --include-3rdparty
--include-gpl-addons --include-patented-code --alternative-gcc-output-dir
../gcc2/" to build the gcc4 portion, and finally I compiled with "jam -q
@all-cd"
Everything worked until I tried to boot on my old laptop. I know that laptop
worked before because I was using Haiku before I got my new laptop.

So, did I do something wrong? Did I build incorrectly or something? Could
this just be bad luck? Is there something wrong with creating your own
target? Did I add too much optional software?

 -PHilip RUshik