[haiku-development] Re: Haiku R1Alpha1 don't run on my real hardware, but older versions doing it

  • From: scott mc <scottmc2@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 14 Sep 2009 13:31:53 -0700

On Mon, Sep 14, 2009 at 1:25 PM, theUser BL <theuserbl@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hi!
> I have at home tested haiku-alpha-candidate-r32887 from Sept. 1st, 2009 and
> the current haiku-r1alpha1.
> Both running similar on virtual machines, but not on my real hardware:
> The old version runs on my real hardware and the current version not!
>
> After starting it from CD, there comes in both versions a window which asks
>  Do you which to run the Installer or continue
>  booting to the Desktop?
>                [Desktop]  [Installer]
>
> After I select "Desktop", on the old version r32887 there comes a new window
> with
>
>  Launching media_addon_server failed.
>
>  media_server will terminated
>                        [OK]
>
> After klicking on ok, the system runs ok. Without Media-Server, but Haiku is
> in Alpha stage and all the other things works.
>
> But on the new Haiku R1 Alpha1, there comes not a second window. There I come
> direct to the kernel debugging land:
>
>  PANIC: vm_page_fault: unhandled page fault in kernel space at 0x44, ip
> 0x81c669e2
>
>  Welcome to Kernel Debugging Land...
>  Thread 142 "media_addon_server" running on CPU 0
>  kdebug>
>
> I think, after a new reboot something of the text can change. There was a
> time, where stands,
> that  "media_addon_server" runs on CPU 1 and so.
>
> Greatings
> theuserbl

> http://redirect.gimas.net/?n=M0909xIE8_MSN_2
> Schneller, einfacher, sicherer: Jetzt kostenlos Internet Explorer 8
> downloaden!

Do you still have that older CD?  Can you boot it all the way up and
then open terminal and type:
listdev > listdev-theuserbl.txt
and then take that text file and attach it to a trac ticket?
http://dev.haiku-os.org
Search trac to see if you find any open tickets that match your
problems and if you find one attach it to that along with any further
details.  If you can't find a matching ticket open a new one.
Thanks for the feedback, but it's really better to report this type of
thing in trac.
-scottmc