[haiku-development] Re: Haiku, Qt and apps, oh my!

On Sun, Mar 29, 2009 at 5:01 PM, Axel Dörfler <axeld@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Qt is not a part of Haiku. It's that simple. I would also assume that
> Haiku will get a GTK and Wine port. I really can't see anything bad in
> this, though.
> More apps are certainly going to help Haiku find acceptance. You don't
> have to use them, of course, but sometimes you just need to use a
> certain application that would otherwise not be available to Haiku at
> all.
>
> Bye,
>   Axel.

It's definitely going to be Haiku native or "something else" but I
would rather have that "something else" just be QT than all of those
other API's. People will try to do everything and that will just
result in a lot of half baked buggy implementations of every cross
platform API instead of one good QT implementation for those who like
cross platform apps.