[haiku-development] Re: Haiku, Qt and apps, oh my!

  • From: "Axel Dörfler" <axeld@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 29 Mar 2009 23:01:30 +0200 CEST

"Jorge G. Mare" <koki@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> If you now want to take Haiku in a different direction because you
> think
> it will be easier to get apps that way or because you want to make
> money, that's fine. But that's the definition of focus shift, is it
> not? :)

Qt is not a part of Haiku. It's that simple. I would also assume that
Haiku will get a GTK and Wine port. I really can't see anything bad in
this, though.
More apps are certainly going to help Haiku find acceptance. You don't
have to use them, of course, but sometimes you just need to use a
certain application that would otherwise not be available to Haiku at
all.

Bye,
   Axel.