[haiku-development] Re: Haiku, Qt and apps, oh my!

On Sun, 29 Mar 2009 20:23:44 +0200 CEST
"François Revol" <revol@xxxxxxx> wrote:
> That's the problem.
> We both want to attract external devs & apps by having a better Qt than
> elsewhere, but we also want to entice then into using our own API
> instead, so it should not be too good...

That's an interresting idea. IMHO, that's what it would be: not too good,
but better than on other platforms. But hopefully no one settles for the
next best convenient solution.

> Well, doing a clean Qt port might help us improve the native API too,
> by requiring we add features to support Qt with less hacks...

That would be a good side effect indeed.

--
Christoph .J Thompson <cjsthompson@xxxxxxxxx>