[haiku-development] Re: Haiku, Qt and apps, oh my!

  • From: "François Revol" <revol@xxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 28 Mar 2009 05:04:21 +0100 CET

Welcome back !

> 1. Since Qt (by Trolltech/Nokia) is now LGPL, what about a port of Qt
> to run on Haiku? I thought about this a while ago. Would it be
> beneficial? I could take on this task.

I know someone started porting GTK again, dunno about Qt...

> 2. I wish there was a way to use Haiku to cross-compile Windows and
> OS
> X apps so I could just use Haiku for development but still produce
> apps for the other platforms.

Well gcc builds, theorically you can build a mingw too.

> 3. Is there TCL/TK for Haiku?

I did port tcl (and tk with X11) to BeOS long ago, and some other
people played with it.
No native Tk yet though.

> 4. What is the best e-mail client now? Post Master was my favorite.
> maybe I could get Post master going again....

I use BeMail, but many use Beam.

> 5. I have a new Lenovo S10 netbook, 320gb, 2.5gb RAM. I am wondering
> how Haiku would run on this! Has anybody tried?

No but I don't see any reason it wouldn't :)

François.