[haiku-development] Re: Haiku Mesa3D status update (luke-warm teapots)

  • From: Urias McCullough <umccullough@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 4 Jan 2012 11:43:56 -0800

On Wed, Jan 4, 2012 at 11:39 AM,  <clemens.zeidler@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> Perhaps for gcc2 software that is acceptable, I don't know.
>
> think old gcc2 software (if there is any that is still used) + current
> CPU should be more than happy with the current version

But this also means that any newly ported software would be restricted
to compilation with gcc4 - which would be unacceptable for other
reasons (unstable API/ABI for example).

For example, there are some ported SDL-OpenGL apps that run absolutely
horrible with software-rendered 3d. Some of them even compile with
gcc2... but I suppose that's rare.