[haiku-development] Re: Haiku Laptops?

  • From: Christopher Walker <sven.hakonsson@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 29 Nov 2009 10:23:46 -0700

On Sun, Nov 29, 2009 at 2:49 AM, Michael Crawford <mdcrawford@xxxxxxxxx>wrote:

> What would be ideal is a Linux laptop that came with entirely Open
> Source drivers, for hardware that is all fully and publicly
> documented.  If Haiku was missing some of the necessary drivers for
> such a model, it would be a good opportunity to develop them.

I recommend system76:
http://www.system76.com/index.php?cPath=28

The Pangolin Performance and Serval Professional models have 15 inch
screens. I think that their drivers are open source, although I don't know
where the source code would be released. System76 eventually tries to get
the drivers included in Ubuntu, which they rely upon for many drivers
themselves. So you may want to consider it.