[haiku-development] Re: Haiku, Inc. in Contempt of Its Community

  • From: Axel Dörfler <axeld@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 19 Feb 2015 16:23:24 +0100

Am 19.02.2015 um 15:56 schrieb kallisti5:
I complained about the ~/config directory being managed by PM a year or
so ago. Everyone ignored me and eventually I got used to it.

Complaining is never a good start for a discussion.

At the end of the day the argument is the following:
   * Should system users be able to install their own packaged software
     only for their use?

If yes, then ~/config should be managed by PM.
If no, ~/config shouldn't be managed by PM.

I *think* you are missing the point, maybe you just worded it strangely. The question is not whether or not users should be able to install software for their own and only use, but whether the generated packaged read-only directories should get an isolated home.

Bye,
   Axel.