[haiku-development] Re: Haiku, Inc. in Contempt of Its Community

  • From: Donn Cave <donn@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 17 Feb 2015 09:02:03 -0800 (PST)

Quoth Kacper Kasper <kacperkasper@xxxxxxxxx>,

> By non-developers Augustin meant people who do not develop SOFTWARE,
> not just Haiku.
> If you do that, you're either software developer or power user, and
> both in my opinion do not fit the definition of "end user" we are
> talking about here.

I think that's an artificial and unproductive distinction.  Early in the
game, "power" users of one sort or another are not only end users, they're
the only users we have.  I don't see any major problem with the current
configuration, but it would be a bad move to make the production release
configuration hostile to anyone but this narrow definition of "end users."

        Donn