[haiku-development] Re: Haiku Inc. and Haiku (was: AboutSystem window credits)

  • From: "Jorge Mare" <kokitomare@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 2 Sep 2008 08:19:36 -0700

On Mon, Sep 1, 2008 at 6:04 PM, Ralf Schuelke <teammaui@xxxxxx> wrote:
>> There was no English mailing list or forum that we could use to
>> communicate openly. We had to rely on Stippi as a messenger, and while
>> he kindly volunteered, it was not efficient.
> in the ML can you write en/de/fr, german is the default language why the most
> member are german speakers.

So, where can one sign up for the mailing list?

> The Problem is haiku inc have no membership, the e.V have it and all members
> can and have a voice, so we have a democratiy, the most voice give the way.
> eg: when the most of the member say "hmm the leaders of the e.v make not a
> good job ore it is time to have and make a new e.v leader....
> This vote can we make 1x in the year.

If you think there is a problem and something needs change (in Haiku
Inc. or elsewhere), please don't expect that somebody else will wave a
magic wand and fix it; instead, try to become part of the solution.

Haiku Inc. is in a blank sheet state as it relates to community
governance, so if more people put a little effort into it, it could
become as democratic as the community would want. If you did it for
BeFAN, it certainly can be done for Haiku Inc.. Unfortunately, it
seems that when it comes to Haiku Inc, many people choose be mere
spectators; in a way, they are "voting" the destiny of Haiku Inc. with
their indifference.

When people talk about Haiku Inc. I invariably sense this "you and us"
division, as if the non-profit were owned by an obscure clique that is
separate from the rest of the project. I am sick and tired of telling
everyone that we are all and the same. Haiku Inc. is part of the
project, and as such, it belongs to the community. Unless people start
doing something about it, it is simply going to go down. If people
just don't care about it, then so be it. I am sorry, but I just don't
know how else to put it...

Jorge