[haiku-development] Re: Haiku "Crypto Kit"

  • From: Sean Collins <smc.collins@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 11 Jan 2016 21:36:06 -0500

Sean Collins wrote:

Alexander von Gluck IV wrote:
January 11 2016 4:27 AM, "Ingo Weinhold" <ingo_weinhold@xxxxxx> wrote:
On 11.01.2016 03:51, Alexander von Gluck IV wrote:

Definitely good points. I had already planned to add more access methods, but following
roughly something like the Qt API would make it more flexible.

It looks like QT handles multiple input methods by storing whatever data needs
hashed in the class before hashing... that is likely a lot more flexible than the current
"tell us where to look and we'll go hash it"

I'll make some adjustments to the API to be more Qt like and will re-post. This is why
I only implemented one hash type so far, I figured the API would need some work ;-)

-- Alex

I don't know the full legality or licensing of QT, but it would make sense to maybe just re implement the entirety of the QT api or maybe port it as into tree and then wrap the be api haiku uses around it. Would keep Haiku in a up to date API and give a native QT api that software porters can depend on

Sean

With regard to the encryption kit. Sorry for the noise

Sean