[haiku-development] Re: Haiku Bootstrap Architecture

  • From: "Jorge G. Mare" <koki@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 06 May 2010 20:27:19 -0700

On 05/05/2010 03:48 PM, David McPaul wrote:
I don't believe the tools matter.  If Drupal can provide a wiki then
there is no need for anything else.

The essence of a wiki though is that anyone can contribute quickly and
easily.  We don't want a new contributor jumping through too many
hoops to start contributing.  If it is too hard to contribute then
most people will not.

Drupal has a very fine-grained permissions control that can even be extended. So anything that a wiki allows permission-wise can be done with Drupal too, and then more.

The reason why new contributors currently have to jump through many hoops is not Drupal's fault per se, but just a matter of the way the website is is currently (mis)configured.

Also, if wiki markup is desired, that's possible too, as there are Drupal modules to add support for MediaWiki and PearWiki syntax.

Regards,

Jorge / aka Koki