[haiku-development] Re: Haiku Bootstrap Architecture

  • From: Niels Reedijk <niels.reedijk@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 5 May 2010 13:54:12 +0200

Hi,

On 5 May 2010 13:39, Alexandre Deckner <alex@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Matt Madia wrote:
>>
>> About a year ago, there were discussions on haiku-web over whether to
>> implement a true wiki eg, MediaWiki or to use Drupal to provide that
>> functionality. Whatever the reasons, it was settled on using Drupal to
>> simulate a wiki.
>
> I've always been and still am in favor of installing a true wiki solution
> separate from drupal, and adapt it to our needs. Like almost all big
> projects do. The spam issue doesn't seem to be an unsolvable problem for
> everyone else. I'd be willing to be a moderator if needed.
> In the past months, i've been evaluating dokuwiki and ikiwiki (and mediawiki
> to a lesser extent), i started a pro/cons file for ikiwiki as that was my
> last favorite (the selection process is a work in itself :)). I've been
> thinking how we could make reviewed content discernible from random
> contributions, how that would cooperate with the drupal site, how to manage
> translations etc... Anyway maybe we should start a vote on "create a
> separate free for all wiki" and then decide what we want/don't want/need.

About the vote: I think that it is beyond the scope of development to
decide on wiki content. I must say that I am in favour of separating
the main website as source of news and general information and
detailed information into different domains. Whether this should be
hosted by Drupal or not, time and the requirements will tell.

So please share your findings, like what wil be transferred, how will
the data be structured, how is quality controlled and how does it
interact with our other web outlets (www/dev/svn). Then share your
findings with the different wikis and how this matches the
requirements.

It sounds like I am asking you to do everything, but there probably
are many others that are in favour so delegate :-)

Eventually we can then decide on how to continue.