[haiku-development] Haiku + Acer Aspire One: Success!

  • From: "Dustin Howett" <alaricx@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 8 Sep 2008 04:42:42 -0400

After my patch to the intel_extreme driver and a small patch to the
rtl8169 driver (which I'm still working on-- it's neither clean nor
acceptable for a wide range of devices),
I've gotten Haiku to run on Acer Aspire One with full wired networking
in native resolution at 1024x600, from a flash drive.
Fonts made small to accommodate the screen (not really necessary, but
I personally believe it looks nicer).

Singular screenshot: http://dustin.howett.net/haiku/aa1_1.png

LCD Brightness control works, and I just (within the past five
minutes) found out that sound works (through OSS.) The volume seems to
jump around randomly when MediaPlayer loses focus, VLC won't play any
sound.
Volume keys don't work (of course), touchpad enable/disable works
(probably in hardware like brightness).
Card readers don't work: they're PCI Express devices that are
hotplugged upon card insertion, and we don't have a SD Host Controller
driver or SD/MMC Stack

Happy Hacking!
- Dustin