[haiku-development] Re: Google's NativeClient.

  • From: "scott mc" <scottmc2@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 11 Dec 2008 12:43:18 -0800

On Thu, Dec 11, 2008 at 5:03 AM, Bruno Albuquerque <bga@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> In case you guys missed it, we (Google) released our Native Client project.
> This project was created to allow the execution of native code inside a
> browser (for obvious reasons, it only works with x86 platforms). The reason
> I bring it up is that it can also be ran as an stand-alone container for
> applications so this can be used to create multi-OS applications that runs
> unmodified under any supported OS. For example, SDL Quake was ported to it
> and the required modifications were very small. The new Quake executable
> runs equally well under Linux, Windows and MacOS (all supported platforms).
>
> Maybe this could be something good to bring to Haiku? I would be willing to
> work on the specific Haiku port but the build system requires scons and I am
> not very motivated to port this. :) Anyway up to the task of porting scons
> to Haiku? Maybe this could be a candidate for a HaikuPorts project?
>
> Anyway, more information here:
>
> http://code.google.com/p/nativeclient/
>
> -Bruno

scons for haiku can be downloaded here:
http://ports.haiku-files.org/downloads
It's #70 on the list as I write this.
You'll need to have python installed as well, that's available here:
http://www.fileden.com/files/2008/8/23/2062382/python-2.5.2-gcc2-2008-11-10.zip
If you run into any other dependencies just let us know and we'll add
them to the list of port targets...

-scottmc