[haiku-development] Re: Google Summer of Code 2010 -- Preparation.

  • From: Michael Crawford <mdcrawford@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 24 Nov 2009 23:11:13 -0800

On Fri, Nov 20, 2009 at 6:11 AM, Ankur Sethi <get.me.ankur@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Perhaps add a universal spellcheck tool (that works on all text
> fields) to the list of ideas? There's already the WordServices SDK
> someone could build upon.

My work on updating the Word Services SDK was interrupted by some
recent life events, but I expect I can get a release out by Sunday
evening.

Here is an informal protocol spec - it's *just* a narrative
description, not a proper spec.  There's a little Easter Egg all the
way at the end:

http://www.dulcineatech.com/word-services/developers/haiku/

I have gotten the Word Services client sample code to build on Haiku.
I still have to get the Spellswell sources to build.  The Word
Services SDK will include the Spellswell Demo; I will be happy to
provide a free copy of the full-featured Spellswell to anyone who
wants to give Word Services some serious consideration.

Mike
--
Michael David Crawford
mdcrawford at gmail dot com