[haiku-development] Re: Google Summer of Code 2008

Bruno Albuquerque wrote:
> Salvatore Benedetto escreveu:
>
> > How about the Java project? IMKit improvement? WebKit porting? Why
> > aren't these project listed in the Ideas pages?
>
> For exatly the same reasons any other project is not listed there.
>
> 1 - No one gfot around to include it.
> 2 - No one wrote a formal proposition for the prosect ("IMKit
> improvement", for example, is not a very good idea. Even myself, one of
> the original IM Kit developers, have no idea about what you are talking).

+1, exactly.

> The ideas page is not all inclusive. What are listed there are some
> ideas, that´s all. Students are free to propose other stuff.

I have added a paragraph to the ideas page making it clear that we
encourage students suggesting their own ideas for projects. I also added a
note mentioning that we are actually accepted and added pointers for how to
apply. This page is directly linked from other websites, so that was
important as well.

If you want me (or another website admin) to add an idea to the ideas list,
please do take the time to write up text similar to the existing entries. I
will copy and paste nice proposals, but I don't have the time to compose
good entries from these vague proposals. Hope you understand.

Best regards,
-Stephan