[haiku-development] Re: Google Summer of Code 2008

  • From: Bruno Albuquerque <bga@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 27 Feb 2008 11:32:19 -0300

Fredrik Ekdahl wrote:

I think it would be wiser and more future proof to support Gallium3D
instead, which is the cross-platform DRI replacement. See
http://www.tungstengraphics.com/wiki/index.php/Gallium3D for more
details.

Really, it does not really matter what you use. The point is to get the binary only Linux driver and create a wrapper for them. You *WILL* have to use whatever they use for this to work so you can't really choose.

What we will be supporting is the Haiku graphics API and the 3D accelerant interface as defined by Rudolph. Everything else is just done to get things to work.

I know this is not the ideal solution but it is the solution that would get us 3D accelerated drivers faster.

-Bruno