[haiku-development] Re: Google Summer of Code 2008

  • From: Stephan Assmus <superstippi@xxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 27 Feb 2008 12:10:08 +0100

On 2008-02-27 at 09:45:32 [+0100], Fredrik Modéen <fredrik@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Can one Post them here?

Of course! To encourage this was one of the points of my post. :-)

> I have a couple of them :)
>
> -Like real Multi monitor support (driver, app_server, screen preference).
> Can be divided to only include one driver and app_server (perhaps
> need&#8217;s a branch) , I know it&#8217;s breaking our goal on making a
> binary compatible BeOS R5 but we have most of the graphic drivers :)

Yes, that's a nice one too.

> - A HD 3D driver for a graphic card Nvidia, ATI, Intel or VIA, perhaps
> begin with ATI R100 - R200 I think we have one in our community how has
> the docs (through NDA but perhaps AMD are willing to drip the NDA?)

Actually, AMD has just released 3D programming docs for R5xx.

> - This is probably more to R2 but native support for more than 3 buttons
> on a mouse and a Mouse Preference that support those buttons?  Also need
> to change GetMouse() I suppose?

This would best be implemented as device + filter add-on combo for the
input_server. Actually, the usb_hid driver could be extended to handle more
device descriptions. So only a filter add-on would need to be made. Plus
preflet to configure actions.

I am a little busy at the moment to prepare for Chemnitzer Linux Days, but
I will try to update the idea list later today.

Best regards,
-Stephan