[haiku-development] Re: Google Summer of Code 2008

  • From: Stephan Assmus <superstippi@xxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 26 Feb 2008 11:49:06 +0100

Hi all,

thanks to Koki, I have now copied the "GSoC 2007 drive" pages as "GSoC 2008
drive" and updated the content:

<http://www.haiku-os.org/community/gsoc2008>

Currently, you have to access these pages via this direct link.

[Koki: Can you please tell me how to update the community side bar, so that
it lists the GSoC 2008 drive instead?]

Important timeline dates:
<http://code.google.com/soc/2008/faqs.html#0.1_timeline>

I have also updated our list for project ideas. As I have previously
mentioned, the most successful projects are the ones initiating by the
students themselves. This means that if there is something *you* would like
to do... some aspect of operating system design or an application or
feature you think should be part of Haiku... please step forward and
suggest it as your project. Stuff like "I want to implement LCD subpixel
font rendering in the Haiku app_server" absolutely qualifies. Anything that
interests you and that we can align with the Haiku goals.

If anyone sees any issues or ways of improvement with the GSoC pages I
updated, please mention them! :-)

Note to potential mentors: I have updated the list of mentors, but if you
see yourself in that list but do not want to become a mentor, just let me
know. Similarily, if you do not see your name in the list, but do want to
offer yourself, just let me know.

Best regards,
-Stephan