[haiku-development] [GSOC2017] Looking for project details

  • From: YongHao Hu <christopherwuy@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 30 Jan 2017 22:11:35 +0800

Hello, all.
I am not sure whether it is appropriate to send this email, as I haven't dived into the project yet, but I want to choose a goal first.

If the mail bothers you, I am sorry for the noise.

I'm YongHao Hu, a college student majored in Computer Science from Guangdong Pharmaceutical University, China, GMT+08:00.
I am a GSoC2015 student of Wine project and here is my linked-in profile[1] which includes my experience and knowledge of programming.
After GSoC, I still contribute to Wine project[2].

I had also tried R language in GSoC 2016, although I am a potential student who finished all the tests[3], there is a experienced R student who finished the project demo yet, so I gave up to him.

I want to choose a new project to contribute in this year, as I want to learn and experience new things.

I would like to choose Porting LibreOffice, Add Haiku support to Allegro 5.0 and Calendar application, as they seems suitable for my experience. Any new projects advice is appreciated.

Because I am not very familiar with Kernel development, could you give me some advice?

My plan is choosing a project and start to work in it before GSoC application start.

Thank you.  :)

Have a nice day.

[1]: https://cn.linkedin.com/in/yonghaohu

[2]: http://source.winehq.org/git/wine.git/?a=search&h=HEAD&st=author&s=YongHao+Hu&sr=1