[haiku-development] Re: GCC 2.95.x on Mac OS X Intel (10.5.x)

  • From: Keven Tipping <bytelogix@xxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 15 Sep 2008 23:52:54 -0600

No problem.

As I've said before, I'm by no means a "real" programmer. The end result works and is stable, so I can't see anything wrong with that... But if someone else (who knows what they are doing) wants to check out why makeinfo was segfaulting (so you don't have to clear out the *.texi files to prevent that), then I'm guessing it shouldn't be a problem to have the *fixed* changes committed to SVN and the relative build documents updated?

-KT

On Sep 15, 2008, at 11:47 PM, Michael Pfeiffer wrote:

Am 16.09.2008 um 07:25 schrieb Keven Tipping:

Again, I'm almost positive this is a kludgy hack. But regardless, the end result is a working GCC 2.95.x cross-tools setup and I can build Haiku images just fine under OS X 10.5.4. The resulting VMware images are completely bootable, stable, and run legacy software (BeOS) just fine.

Wow. That's great news! Thanks a lot for figuring that out.

- Michael