[haiku-development] Re: GCC 2 x GCC 4.

  • From: "Ryan Leavengood" <leavengood@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 21 Aug 2008 11:19:51 -0400

This is a fairly old thread now, but I was out of town when it was
being discussed so I will put in my opinion now.

Since I am one of the main people who needs GCC4 because of my work on
WebKit, I certainly would appreciate it if it was fairly easy to use
GCC4 applications within Haiku. In that sense I agree with Bruno's
argument and logic.

But honestly in the context of an Alpha 1, which may be released
within a few months, I do not think going with a full GCC4 build is
necessary. I doubt I (and whoever may help me) could get a nice WebKit
based browser running in that time frame anyhow, so it is not like
this will be needed for Alpha 1.

I will be happy as long as this option is considered for future Alphas
once a good WebKit browser is out (or also if we get a good FF3 port.)

Ryan