[haiku-development] Re: Fwd: [haiku-doc] Organizing translations of User Guide/Welcome Package

  • From: "Axel Dörfler" <axeld@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 04 Jan 2009 16:43:29 +0100 CET

Humdinger <humdingerb@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>  > Finally, I do not want to force any workflow on you.
> As I have no experience with concurrent translations I appreciate
> your input, considering
> your work with KDE. My suggestions were just a (naive) shot to get
> the ball rolling.
> Already having a ton of documentation in XHTML doesn't help should we
> decide to switch to
> Docbook and waiting until the first translations roll in to add to
> that isn't either...

I think to get the ball rolling as you say, we should start with
something simple, and use that as long as possible. As long as we are a
tiny community with a very low amount of end user documentation, I
guess we can also easily live with something simple that lowers the
barrier for everyone wanting to get started to write docs. Like a Wiki;
I would assume there is something usable out there for us that even
supports getting converted to Docbook.

In any case, I think that HTML is not a very practical documentation
source code format, although CSS considerably improves upon that.

Bye,
   Axel.