[haiku-development] Re: Fwd: [haiku-doc] Organizing translations of User Guide/Welcome Package

> I think to get the ball rolling as you say, we should start with
> something simple, and use that as long as possible. As long as we are
> tiny community with a very low amount of end user documentation, I
> guess we can also easily live with something simple that lowers the
> barrier for everyone wanting to get started to write docs. Like a
> Wiki;
> I would assume there is something usable out there for us that even
> supports getting converted to Docbook.

Btw, there are tools to deal with the .po format, including web
interfaces for translators, so they do not need to know the format at
all.

> In any case, I think that HTML is not a very practical documentation
> source code format, although CSS considerably improves upon that.

What would be then ?

Besides page breaks (which can actually be forced by applying a style
to specific <br> tags), what else is missing ?
We can also special case stuff for printing (with the print media),
like inlining acronyms as I did on my résumé.

We can even add our own url handlers to actually take action from
within the help page (like sh:/boot/beos/preferences/Media to actually
popup the panel).
If done with caution (sudo-like whitelist + referer checking...) it
would be helpful.

And we can use BeHappy to index it :p

François.