[haiku-development] Re: Fwd from: [haiku] Re: Test for gsoc students

  • From: Stephan Aßmus <superstippi@xxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 09 Mar 2009 17:32:27 +0100

Salvatore Benedetto schrieb:
I would also like to suggest to add, why they would like to work with
Haiku and whether or not
they would like to continue working on it once summer is over. IMHO is
an important matter.

Yes, but one that sadly never seems to really work out. I would concentrate the requirements on just what we expect for the time during GSoC.

But I am very much pro the idea to let students pick one or more tickets/bugs of *their* choice as a test and to impress us. Obviously they are allowed to use any channel of information they may require for setting themselves up a build environment and getting acquainted with the code. But we should put it into our application for students to read that this will be a requirement. We should say that the bug may be as small as they like, so that they don't get themselves into too much at first. But obviously it's a measure for us to pick the best students in the end. Students can also fix more than one small bug of course and thereby stay on top of how much they get into.

Best regards,
-Stephan