[haiku-development] Re: Fwd from: [haiku] Re: Test for gsoc students

  • From: Salvatore Benedetto <emitrax@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 9 Mar 2009 17:11:38 +0100

2009/3/9 Ryan Leavengood <leavengood@xxxxxxxxx>:
> - The students CANNOT BE TAKING ANY SUMMER CLASSES.

+1

> Being a student in the GSoC who successfully completes a project is a
> powerful resume-builder, and in this economic times everything helps.
> So students need to see it for the priviledge it is, and not some side
> project they are doing just for fun.

From my personal experience, it does help indeed!
Both GSOC and HCD has allowed me to improve a lot, and I talked about it
at my (first) job interview and it was taken into consideration.

> To conclude, we need to add a question in our student application
> template that specifically ask whether the student is taking any
> summer classes this summer and whether they plan to commit to their
> GSoC project like a full-time job.

I would also like to suggest to add, why they would like to work with
Haiku and whether or not
they would like to continue working on it once summer is over. IMHO is
an important matter.

Regards,
--
Salvatore Benedetto (a.k.a. emitrax)